Difference in corals

Aidan_823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, random question. How do you tell the difference between a torch, leather and nems

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers will generally look like a mushroom with little hairs on top. They can have a grainy appearance to them.

Torches don't really have an oral disc like anemones do, as in you can usually see the spaces between the tentacles on most anemones with a clear mouth in the middle. You almost never see the mouth of a torch when it's open. The most obvious thing if you can touch the animal is to see if it has a hard skeleton or not. Torches have one, anemones don't.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
The things you asked about are all completely different of one another what’s the reasoning your asking do you have them or just curious? Do you want to buy them?

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really want to learn about corals and how to differentiate between them i could recommend a couple books specifically written for hobbyists... anemones aren't corals though

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is also valid
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be cheeky, but if someone has the ability to ask that question on a forum, they have the ability to do some basic research online...

Back