Differences in API KH tests

eastgill

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
27
Reaction score
8
Location
south dakota
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve measured my KH with two different API KH tests and they were quite different from each other. I would’ve accepted one or two DKH difference but it was a difference of 6… one measured 10 and the other measured 16. Anybody else have experience with this? I know I’ve heard people say API aren’t really that great, but could it be that bad?
side note- I’ve heard good things about salifert tests, can anyone confirm?
Thank you!
 
That's honestly the best test kit they provide. It's not fancy but they have worked fine for me. Make sure you are repeating the steps exactly and read as soon as a change happens. I use salifert now but none are really anything above hobby grade anyways.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new