Digital aquatics Ph probe not accurate

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my Ph probe is giving me very high number on the screen tried to balance with a kit but didn't work. Is the probe bad? Help!

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph probes do indeed go bad periodically. Depending in the age if the probe, may be time to replace it. You could always try to recalibrate as well.
If getting a new probe, be sure to pick up some high and low calibration solution at the same time

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just went bad recently and I bought a Pinpoint to replace it. I believe besides accuracy lab grade probes also have better longevity hence the higher price, if I get a year or two out of the $40 Pinpoint I'm good.

OP
OP
reef4u

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just went bad recently and I bought a Pinpoint to replace it. I believe besides accuracy lab grade probes also have better longevity hence the higher price, if I get a year or two out of the $40 Pinpoint I'm good.
Will pinpoint work with DA?

OP
OP
reef4u

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph probes do indeed go bad periodically. Depending in the age if the probe, may be time to replace it. You could always try to recalibrate as well.
If getting a new probe, be sure to pick up some high and low calibration solution at the same time
Its 1 yr old allways in sump no problem till few weeks ago giving me super high readings. 200 283etc

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will pinpoint work with DA?
Yes, I have used Pinpoint with a RKE and Archon before. I assume you have cleaned the probe and re calibrated the probe. Be carefull cleaning the glass is fragile. I usually use a 50/50 solution of white vinagar and water and rinse with DI. I have some probes that are a few years old. I am not sure what you mean by balance with a kit.

OP
OP
reef4u

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have used Pinpoint with a RKE and Archon before. I assume you have cleaned the probe and re calibrated the probe. Be carefull cleaning the glass is fragile. I usually use a 50/50 solution of white vinagar and water and rinse with DI. I have some probes that are a few years old. I am not sure what you mean by balance with a kit.
Sorry calibrate. So if you clean can ut work better?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tend to get coated with bacteria and things. The vingar and water will remove most bacteria and other things coating the surface. After cleaning put it back in the tank and give it a few hours before calibration. After calibration check back in each solution to see if the reading is correct in that solution. rinse in DI water between solutions.

OP
OP
reef4u

reef4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tend to get coated with bacteria and things. The vingar and water will remove most bacteria and other things coating the surface. After cleaning put it back in the tank and give it a few hours before calibration. After calibration check back in each solution to see if the reading is correct in that solution. rinse in DI water between solutions.
Ok ill try that now

Back