Digital aquatics temperature probe problems

killer9918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefkeeper elite.v2 with an SLX module that I use for pH and temperature monitoring.
The pH works fine however the temperature is in reverse for example let's say it's 75° In the aquarium if I cool the water by 5° instead of going to 70° the temperature will rise to 80° and vice versa.
I have tried to factory reset The system re-updating of the firmware and I just got a new temperature probe with no luck.
I'm hoping someone here may have the answer any help would be greatly appreciated

jeffp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the same scenario with my RKE. Mine happened after updating the unit. I shut power off the unit, unplugged the temp. probe from the SLX and set the target in the Head Unit to match the thermometer in the Tank. Everything is working right now. Not sure what fixed up, but has worked correctly for two weeks. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

OP
OP
killer9918

killer9918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice but still no luck this is driving me crazy I guess I'll try calling digital aquatics thanks again

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice but still no luck this is driving me crazy I guess I'll try calling digital aquatics thanks again
Had the same issue with mine. I contacted DA and they had me do an interrupted update on the SLX module. Here is the process they gave me and it worked. Hope it works for you.
Interrupted Update Process

To perform an "Interrupted Update,” go through the Update steps below until step 7. Once the green progress bar in your MyReef screen starts to move, unplug the module from the SID (not the SID from the computer). After MyReef completes the update, it will display an error message, "Update Failed."

Unplug the SID, close MyReef, then restart MyReef. Once MyReef is restarted, reconnect the SID. When the SID appears in the MyReef software, reconnect your Module to the SID. MyReef will show it as "?????", and you can select the appropriate Module from the list and it will reassign a new serial number. You can then re-update the unit by following the Update steps again, without the interruption.

The order in which things occur can be very important, so please be sure to follow the steps closely.

How to Update the Module

Do not attempt to update any of the modules while they are connected together, even if the software indicates that they need updating. Each module must be updated individually.

Here are the steps you should take to update the Module:

From a fresh restart of the computer, please make sure the SID is not connected to the computer and is not connected to the ReefKeeper system. The module should be unplugged from the power outlet or powered off.

1. Open the MyReef software application

2. Connect your SID to your computer via USB.

3. In myReef, verify that the SID shows up under “Systems” in the left hand tree view.

4. Plug in ONLY your Module. It should appear under the SID in the “Systems” on the left hand tree view.

5. Click on the ‘Update” button to the right of the Module. MyReef will display the firmware update screen and automatically select the most recent firmware version to update.

6. Click the “Program” button. The progress bar at the top of the screen will begin to move.

7. Once the Module has been updated successfully, verify that MyReef correctly reports the current firmware.

8. Close MyReef and disconnect the SID from the computer as well as the module.

Once that is complete, plug the module back into the ReefKeeper system.

OP
OP
killer9918

killer9918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same issue with mine. I contacted DA and they had me do an interrupted update on the SLX module. Here is the process they gave me and it worked. Hope it works for you.
Interrupted Update Process

To perform an "Interrupted Update,” go through the Update steps below until step 7. Once the green progress bar in your MyReef screen starts to move, unplug the module from the SID (not the SID from the computer). After MyReef completes the update, it will display an error message, "Update Failed."

Unplug the SID, close MyReef, then restart MyReef. Once MyReef is restarted, reconnect the SID. When the SID appears in the MyReef software, reconnect your Module to the SID. MyReef will show it as "?????", and you can select the appropriate Module from the list and it will reassign a new serial number. You can then re-update the unit by following the Update steps again, without the interruption.

The order in which things occur can be very important, so please be sure to follow the steps closely.

How to Update the Module

Do not attempt to update any of the modules while they are connected together, even if the software indicates that they need updating. Each module must be updated individually.

Here are the steps you should take to update the Module:

From a fresh restart of the computer, please make sure the SID is not connected to the computer and is not connected to the ReefKeeper system. The module should be unplugged from the power outlet or powered off.

1. Open the MyReef software application

2. Connect your SID to your computer via USB.

3. In myReef, verify that the SID shows up under “Systems” in the left hand tree view.

4. Plug in ONLY your Module. It should appear under the SID in the “Systems” on the left hand tree view.

5. Click on the ‘Update” button to the right of the Module. MyReef will display the firmware update screen and automatically select the most recent firmware version to update.

6. Click the “Program” button. The progress bar at the top of the screen will begin to move.

7. Once the Module has been updated successfully, verify that MyReef correctly reports the current firmware.

8. Close MyReef and disconnect the SID from the computer as well as the module.

Once that is complete, plug the module back into the ReefKeeper system.

You saved me!!!!!! Took a couple tries but what you said worked thanks again and thank you Jeffp1 for help also .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back