digital refractometer

  • Thread starter Thread starter nbagnardi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

favorite method for finding S.G.

  • hydrometer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • manual refractometer

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • digital refractometer

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • whats S.G.?

    Votes: 1 7.7%

  • Total voters
    13

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2014
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
577
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone use one of these? more specifically the milwaukee one. pros, cons, gimmick? reviews are impressive but its $115!
 
I use a digital Milwaukee. Pro's works great and fast. Con's none Gimmick None. I love my meter it is easy to use don't have to look thru a eye piece and with old eyes makes it worth the money. It is easy to calibrate with RO water and I also check with a 35ppt bottle of test fluid when I use it. Built solid and heavy duty.
 
how often do you need to calibrate it? i have a red sea refractometer right now and i feel like i need to calibrate it every time i use it. I'm not rough with it by any means, but any little tap and it jumps all around. driving me bonkers.
 
I try once a month if I remember.:)
 
I have the digital Milwaukee also. I really like it haven't had any problems and it saves me a lot of time. I calibrate it once every week or so because I test quite a bit.
 
I use the digits Milwaukee unit but once in a very blue moon use the refractometer.
 
sweet, thanks guys, i just placed my order and ordered some calibrating solution as well... see whats up with my refractometer, put in a email to red sea too. i really appreciate the feedback. thanks again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new