Diluting Red Sea alkalinity test kit

Little Mo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to dilute the Red Sea alkalinity test kit? Like how you can do the salifert alk test kit. I'm trying to read the dkh coming out of my calcium reactor. It's way too high for my Hanna checker to read. I do have a red sea alkalinity test kit and wanted to know if I can dilute it down like the salifert kit can be diluted to get a more accurate reading.
Thank you in advance.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you.
Just today I measured the output of my kalk stirrer with my Hanna. I had to dilute by a factor of 10.

And @Randy Holmes-Farley, once again I referenced some of your prior work (namely the grandmother Kalk article). Thanks for all you do!

BTW, I got 120dKH with my hanna dilution, and Randy’s article suggested I would get around 114 if I remember correctly. That was close enough for me.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today I measured the output of my kalk stirrer with my Hanna. I had to dilute by a factor of 10.

And @Randy Holmes-Farley, once again I referenced some of your prior work (namely the grandmother Kalk article). Thanks for all you do!

BTW, I got 120dKH with my hanna dilution, and Randy’s article suggested I would get around 114 if I remember correctly. That was close enough for me.

Sounds good! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back