Dimensions for the Upcoming PTC2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions that the new GHL Temperature Control will be when it is released. I am finalizing a tank build and would like to use the PTC2-6 (6 fans versions) as a heating and cooling system on the tank. What I would like to find out is the length, width, and depth of the gear itself and how much clearance space the fan may need to operate properly. I hope to put the temp controller behind the tank, mounted to the wall. I know it's not quite ready to be released, but my tank is ready to be placed in its location and leveled. I want to make sure I have it sufficiently far away from the wall to run this behind it.

I tried calling GHL and left them a VM, no reponse. I also reached out to Marco twice via PM, but also got no response, which Im kinda bummed out as I have the Profilux 4, Doser 2.1, and KH director which will be ran on this tank. I want to use this gear too when it comes out, but I've already been waiting for a over a month on a response. At some point I will just go forward and look for an alternative cooling and heating system for the tank if I cant find out how much room to leave for it.

Thanks in advance, to anyone who knows and may provide that information.

PS. I've tried looking on the GHL website and other sites, and havent been able to find anything regarding the dimensions.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... I guess nobody does. Would love to find out so I can place the tank in its spot this long weekend and start the cycle.

Can @Vinny@GHLUSA or @Marco@GHLUSA please please help? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again in advance.
Well I suppose you can guess the dimensions from the videos. You'll still need the clearance answer from them directly though...
Probably the safest thing to do is to convert the room behind or below the tank into a fish room. Just in case :)

Cheers, Tony

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip Tony, I’ve looked around for videos but it’s still hard to gauge the dimensions as there isn’t really a reference point for comparing it to other things in the video. Have you seen one that mentions the size?

The sad part is that I saw them at MACNA but didn’t measure them as I thought it wouldn’t be too hard to ask them later about dimensions. I didn’t realize that several PM’s on the forums, making this post, and leaving VMs with the company for about 2 months won’t get any sort of response. And I mean any response, not even a “Hey, got your question but we can’t tell you.” Just completely been ignored.

Makes me kinda worry about the other thousands of dollars I spent on the Profilux, doser, and kh director. Just have to hope that nothing ever goes wrong and I need their help troubleshooting anything.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final dimensions are not available yet.
More info will be released when ready.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip Tony, I’ve looked around for videos but it’s still hard to gauge the dimensions as there isn’t really a reference point for comparing it to other things in the video. Have you seen one that mentions the size?

The sad part is that I saw them at MACNA but didn’t measure them as I thought it wouldn’t be too hard to ask them later about dimensions. I didn’t realize that several PM’s on the forums, making this post, and leaving VMs with the company for about 2 months won’t get any sort of response. And I mean any response, not even a “Hey, got your question but we can’t tell you.” Just completely been ignored.

Makes me kinda worry about the other thousands of dollars I spent on the Profilux, doser, and kh director. Just have to hope that nothing ever goes wrong and I need their help troubleshooting anything.

Did you email them at [email protected] ?

Any time I’ve ever had a question, I’ve heard back same or next day by using their email support.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I won't deny that I've had my own issues connecting with them, but never in a support question.

I think that the best way to look at it is their US operation is a Small Business. Meaning that most of the time you get great, personal, service. I've had emails answered on long weekends and evenings.

And sometimes things slip through the cracks. It's a small organization with just a couple of customer facing people . So if they get extra busy, or someone is sick... then some things might get missed.

I have the extra fun of being in Canada so needing to get stuff shipped up here as well. But honestly I don't regret going all in on GHL.

Firstly the equipment itself is remarkably reliable. The evening and weekend support emails have been because of issues that have usually been user error (though I will say that some of the setup should be smoother to avoid that as well).

The continuous improvement is great as well. New features and new devices come at a steady pace.

And really @Marco@GHLUSA, and @Vinny@GHLUSA are very engaged and responsive... Most of the time. And always helpful when they do.

Add in this group and you should be pretty well covered. If you keep that view of them as a Small Business and set your expectations appropriately then you should be good.

Cheers, Tony

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting caught up with this thread, sorry for the delay in response. I unfortunately do not have the dimensions, and looks like Vinny responded, doesn't have them yet either. I'm sure there will be an announcement once the product is in final release form-factor with dims. :)

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To help the OP out... one could use the product details of the first generation PTC to get a sense of both the dimensions and price? I found the below from a different forum regarding the first gen PTC.

"Type, l x b x h (mm), Tank size (max.), max. power consumption
PTC1, 160 x 120 x 120, 100l, 140W
PTC2, 260 x 120 x 120, 200l, 280W
PTC3, 360 x 120 x 120, 300l, 420W
PTC4, 460 x 120 x 120, 400l, 560W
PTC6, 660 x 120 x 120, 600l, 840W"

OP
OP
ilyad

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To help the OP out... one could use the product details of the first generation PTC to get a sense of both the dimensions and price? I found the below from a different forum regarding the first gen PTC.

"Type, l x b x h (mm), Tank size (max.), max. power consumption
PTC1, 160 x 120 x 120, 100l, 140W
PTC2, 260 x 120 x 120, 200l, 280W
PTC3, 360 x 120 x 120, 300l, 420W
PTC4, 460 x 120 x 120, 400l, 560W
PTC6, 660 x 120 x 120, 600l, 840W"

Thanks! I found these dimensions too, and did the same assumption. I left a bit more space just in case. Plus I do recall seeing them at one of the reef shows (at least the protype) and they do appear to be about the same size. Will wait for the final version to come out to see if I can use it in the build or not. I went ahead and filled the tank last week, will adjust if need be.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back