Dimmable T5 Ballast Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter bayondai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bayondai

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
119
Reaction score
15
Location
Northern NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be picking up a used ati sun power that is not dimmable and I was thinking about swapping out the ballasts to make it dimmable. I will then hook it up to my reefkeeper to dim the lights down a bit since the fixture has too many bulbs for what I need and it would be cool to ramp them up and down.

I know the ati 2x24w dimmable ballasts are kind of expensive. Is there any other no name/generic brands that could work instead that are cheaper?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new