Ding dong the wicked gorilla crab witch is dead!

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay… not that anyone cares but I am so happy I could just burst. I’ve been dealing with a huge gorilla crab for several weeks. I think it’s the one that’s been taking chunks off my SPS. I was able to catch him today!!!!! And no, I didn’t put him in my sump. He’s huge and terrifying and I didn’t want to get bitten when cleaning out the sump so he’s no longer with us. Sounds horrible but man he was a beast.

JM302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay… not that anyone cares but I am so happy I could just burst. I’ve been dealing with a huge gorilla crab for several weeks. I think it’s the one that’s been taking chunks off my SPS. I was able to catch him today!!!!! And no, I didn’t put him in my sump. He’s huge and terrifying and I didn’t want to get bitten when cleaning out the sump so he’s no longer with us. Sounds horrible but man he was a beast.
DId you get a pic of it before ..... well... before :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I had Crabzilla who became my friend after trying to get him for months. I put him in the fuge and I'm always afraid to lose a finger when I harvest my Chaeto.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my moby dick until a baited propped up stemless wine glass ended his reign of terror. Goes nice with a little butter and garlic. :drooling-face:

1709000003253.jpeg

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DId you get a pic of it before ..... well... before :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I had Crabzilla who became my friend after trying to get him for months. I put him in the fuge and I'm always afraid to lose a finger when I harvest my Chaeto.
I was actually pretty terrified. He was incredibly strong. I caught him with the tweezers and he managed to break free multiple times and finally I was able to pick him up by one of his pincers. We’ve done this dance a few times already. My three year old was running around so I just ran outside and crushed him before even thinking about taking a picture. He had done a good amount of damage. 8-9 of my frags are missing entire branches because of him.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my moby dick until a baited propped up stemless wine glass ended his reign of terror. Goes nice with a little butter and garlic. :drooling-face:

1709000003253.jpeg
Oh wow! Mine must have been about the same size I think. White with the black claws and all the fuzziness. I caught another one yesterday that is now in my sump. Much smaller though.

JM302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like my guy’s son or daughter. :)
Yours is legit scary. This one is bigger than it looks in that pic. That is a bourbon glass - much larger than a shot glass but a bit smaller than your stemless wine glass!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours is legit scary. This one is bigger than it looks in that pic. That is a bourbon glass - much larger than a shot glass but a bit smaller than your stemless wine glass!
Yeah it looks leggy. Just not as buff as my guy. Needed to hit the crab gym.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back