Dino Id

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time figuring out how to magnify passed the point I’m getting so hopefully it’s close enough to get an id. If not, any tips on how to get a closer look with one of these 50-1000x magnification digital microscopes? I can only figure out how to focus with it.

3FA20D2E-AF9D-4EF9-8520-E75D3E10D8EF.jpeg

I recorded it as a video so hopefully their movements can help Id. Some of them kinda fold/spiral around but look flat.

Samples were taken from the frag rack, rockwork and sand bed and mixed together. I blasted them around in the cup before taking my drop so they aren’t in a tight mass forming strings in the video.

edit: camera holds still around the 1:03 mark lol

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones that are moving by rolling over are most likely ostreopsis. A higher magnification may be needed to give a more definitive answer or to see if you have any other types of dinos in there.

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones that are moving by rolling over are most likely ostreopsis. A higher magnification may be needed to give a more definitive answer or to see if you have any other types of dinos in there.

thanks, any idea how to magnify more with what I have? Do I have to pull the scope back and then zoom in for it to work? I can’t figure out how to zoom in beyond the focus point.

OP
OP
T

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yep. ostreopsis.

ok I figured out there was a second focal point after messing with the dial. hopefully this video helps Identify a bit better.

appologies for the shaking lol.

edit: might have to wait a few minutes for the max quality to process/upload.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back