Dinoflagellate ID Help Please. Microscope Photos Included.

OP
OP
Skep18

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dino’s are tough... I don’t think any of us claim to be experts or marine biologists. But we all try to help each other best we can.

keep at it and post in the huge dinoflagellate thread when you figure out what works for your tank.

Very true words. And I hope my responses didn't come off too adversarial. I do appreciate the fact that I am the one asking for advice and you all are giving it. I just hope I communicated effectively that my only point of frustration is getting varying advice that is sometimes contradictory to each other. Even in professional fields, you'll see such conversations as well. All in all, I do appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and adviced based on their logic. While I try to sort through what makes sense to me, I always reserve the right to prove myself wrong and come back and take some advice I previously questioned, lol. In-line with that, I just turned the knob to turn my GAC back online. I am killing my corals anyways as-is so running GAC can't do anything but help the dinos in the meantime.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true words. And I hope my responses didn't come off too adversarial. I do appreciate the fact that I am the one asking for advice and you all are giving it. I just hope I communicated effectively that my only point of frustration is getting varying advice that is sometimes contradictory to each other. Even in professional fields, you'll see such conversations as well. All in all, I do appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and adviced based on their logic. While I try to sort through what makes sense to me, I always reserve the right to prove myself wrong and come back and take some advice I previously questioned, lol. In-line with that, I just turned the knob to turn my GAC back online. I am killing my corals anyways as-is so running GAC can't do anything but help the dinos in the meantime.
I get it... this is not easy and it’s more of an art than science. I certainly have not mastered it yet but I’m trying.

The thing is that different tanks react differently which leads to conflicting advice. There are so many variables... And so many ways to make corals thrive or kill them.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back