Dinos got um

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran my lights on my algea scrubber for 12 hours on reverse time with tank lights and ran my nutrients into the ground . Yep, double 0's dinos showed up and I have been battling them for seems like ever. But, I bubble scubbed the tank and used a soft bottle brush to remove what dinos I could see . The bubbles carry them down the overflows to the filter . I did install a uv light . I scrubbed the tank twice then went with 3 day black out. Everything survived! But, dinos on my 4 week with out dinos but now it's green hair algea.

OP
OP
Screwgunner

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lowered my light to 8 hours on my algea turf scubber and my nutriants have been phosphates .04 and nitrates 5 they have been steady like that for a month now.
This is what I did to get rid of dinos from running a ultra low system.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lowered my light to 8 hours on my algea turf scubber and my nutriants have been phosphates .04 and nitrates 5 they have been steady like that for a month now.
This is what I did to get rid of dinos from running a ultra low system.
Ok GHA is not that big of a deal. Daily manual removal with lights cut to 6 hours blue and uv only no whites. Diverse cleaner crew which includes tuxedo urchins and turbos. Magnesium at 1500 causes GHA to turn white and die off. Dose pods and then daily phytoplankton. Dose PNS probio which is a heterotrophic bacteria that eliminates organic waste. I prefer higher nutrients levels. Phosphate. 05 to .1 and nitrates at 15 but whatever you feel works best with your tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back