Dinos

AUreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, brand new to the reefing game. Tank’s only been up for a month and a half. A few days ago my nutrients bottomed out so I was immediately worried about Dino’s. I was hoping I caught it before it was too late but I’m worried I didn’t. Can anyone tell me if this is the start of Dino’s or is it cyano??
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2394.mov
    15.2 MB
Hi everyone, brand new to the reefing game. Tank’s only been up for a month and a half. A few days ago my nutrients bottomed out so I was immediately worried about Dino’s. I was hoping I caught it before it was too late but I’m worried I didn’t. Can anyone tell me if this is the start of Dino’s or is it cyano??
Video did not play on my iPad.

Seems early for the appearance of dinoflagellates. Maybe the cells are diatoms.
 
That’s what I thought as well but if you can get the video to load you’ll see stringy like things waving and I didn’t think diatoms had that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new