DinoX and Elegant Coral Regimen

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever used DinoX at the same time they are running Elegant Corals Dinoflagellates regimen?

Desperately trying to rid my system of a dino bloom once and for all.

Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used dinox with success but they definitely say not to run any other treatment with it.

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino X is vicious stuff - it nuked my tank and I've heard of it taking out quite a few others, personally I wouldn't risk it. Do you know what type of Dinos? Ostreopsis for example can be very quickly brought under control simply with much higher UV - I can't remember the exact wattage to litre ratio needed. Other types for example dosing silicates can resolve very quickly. Knowing exactly what you've got is the key to start.

On Facebook search for "Mack's reef...Dinoflagellates support group!" Under files there's a PDF doc - its got an identification guide in there and treatment for each of the different types

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t mix Dino-X and the bacteria method. A 36 hour blackout before and after the bacteria method really helps. I use a DE filter before the bacteria treatment to remove as much Dino as possible. The daily directions aren’t really clear, make sure to dose bacteria and vodka with the lights on and feed the bacteria with a pinch of pellet food smashed into a powder on days two and three.

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the replies. If anyone is more interested I have all the details in my build thread. Think I will just hold off and do elegant corals method exclusively for now.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried dino x last year and after about 10 doses, I didn't notice any difference. I was so desperate for a solution, I combined dino x with a 5 day black out and it killed my torch, all my sps, and seriously stressed out my hammers. I wouldn't use dino x with any other treatments. I had success with doing elegant corals treatment 3 weeks in a row. My anemones got a little deflated by the end of the 2nd week, but they recovered fine.

Zatar1974

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino X is vicious stuff - it nuked my tank and I've heard of it taking out quite a few others, personally I wouldn't risk it. Do you know what type of Dinos? Ostreopsis for example can be very quickly brought under control simply with much higher UV - I can't remember the exact wattage to litre ratio needed. Other types for example dosing silicates can resolve very quickly. Knowing exactly what you've got is the key to start.

On Facebook search for "Mack's reef...Dinoflagellates support group!" Under files there's a PDF doc - its got an identification guide in there and treatment for each of the different types
After a 10 day treatment, most all of my SPS is dead...stay away from Dino X...the treatment is worse than the Dinos...

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a 10 day treatment, most all of my SPS is dead...stay away from Dino X...the treatment is worse than the Dinos...
I lost the majority of my corals as well BUT my Dino’s and bryopsis are gone! I now test and dose p04 and add aqua forest life source once per week. Things have never looked better.

Back