DIPPED can I add praziPro

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a quarantine tank and had one coral beauty in that tank. I bought three other fish and I used blue life rapid fish quarantine on the new fish. I put them into my quarantine tank but now noticed that my coral beauty has markings on his body can I put PraziPro or Maracyn Two in the aquarium or should I pull my Coral Beauty out and do a dip with blue life? HELP PLEASE!

I am at the 76 day of my Fallow Period with my 80 gallon after getting velvet and don’t want to go thru that horrible experience again!!!!!
So I plan on ALWAYS quarantiNing all new fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a quarantine tank and had one coral beauty in that tank. I bought three other fish and I used blue life rapid fish quarantine on the new fish. I put them into my quarantine tank but now noticed that my coral beauty has markings on his body can I put PraziPro or Maracyn Two in the aquarium or should I pull my Coral Beauty out and do a dip with blue life? HELP PLEASE!

I am at the 76 day of my Fallow Period with my 80 gallon after getting velvet and don’t want to go thru that horrible experience again!!!!!
So I plan on ALWAYS quarantiNing all new fish.
before recommending next steps, please post a pic or two of the markings mentioned under white lighting.
Im not too keen on Blue life. Its good as a dip but does not protect the fish as labeled always. Best dip is Ruby rally pro for 60 minutes. prazi takes care of worm issues

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before recommending next steps, please post a pic or two of the markings mentioned under white lighting.
Im not too keen on Blue life. Its good as a dip but does not protect the fish as labeled always. Best dip is Ruby rally pro for 60 minutes. prazi takes care of worm issues
Ok I will get a pic, I have ruby rally

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_4653.jpeg
    IMG_4653.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4646.jpeg
    IMG_4646.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4648.jpeg
    IMG_4648.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4656.jpeg
    IMG_4656.jpeg
    682.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4644.jpeg
    IMG_4644.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4645.jpeg
    IMG_4645.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I thought I only posted once I am very new to posting and don’t do it much. I sent new pics, it almost seems raised up on skin

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Flukes generally not visible unless neobendendia but hard to tell from pics but can be mucus cones or bacterial. For quarantining, you can go with Prazi as a start and keep an eye on fish during treatment for improvement.
For prazi treatment, to be safe , dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LCW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flukes generally not visible unless neobendendia but hard to tell from pics but can be mucus cones or bacterial. For quarantining, you can go with Prazi as a start and keep an eye on fish during treatment for improvement.
For prazi treatment, to be safe , dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite
Thank You! rally pro or the prazipro which is the better of the two in your opinion.
Thx again for your help

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank You! rally pro or the prazipro which is the better of the two in your opinion.
Thx again for your help
Prazi more effective as it will work faster but ruby rally will address many issues
Ruby is my go to

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back