Dipping a Bubble Tip Anemone

Unskilled Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2018
Messages
339
Reaction score
435
Location
Chesterfield, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since everything went well with my rock flower nems dipping I decided to continue this process on my new bubble tip anemone I picked up tonight.

I used 1ml of the Seachem Reef Dip in 500ml of water. Total dip time was 20 minutes. I also try to clean any stuck on debris using water pressure from a pipette.

592B32CE-9D55-4DF2-B84F-BE49D45228E4.jpeg


452C12B8-5BD7-49C5-AC07-C14014A51628.jpeg


05E78C69-D685-403D-A480-170823A78C86.jpeg


Now it’s time for the clean tank water rinsing. Again I use the pipette to try and rinse any dip on the nem as well as try to agitate it so it cycles out the dip water from inside and replaces with the fresh tank water.



I will get a better picture tomorrow when lights are on but so far the bubble tip is looking good. This pic is taken about and hour after being placed in the tank.

1A514209-F16B-4192-AE04-DDBDCAC8BED4.jpeg
 
How does one know theyve purged all the dip from within the nem? I dont think i would ever dip one in fear of it releasing the dip back in the tank water...just my 2 cents...
 
How does one know theyve purged all the dip from within the nem? I dont think i would ever dip one in fear of it releasing the dip back in the tank water...just my 2 cents...

I thought about that. I’m sure trace amounts are still within the nem and will get released into my DT. The base ingredient of the dip is just iodine. The little amount will just bind with potassium in the water and create iodide. This is safe and something we dose anyway.
 
Thank you for the information and video! We are going to dip a newly acquired anemone as well! And you touched it with bare hand!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new