Dipping a Rock Flower Anemone

You have personally used CoralRX on them with success? If so, have you used it on any other anemone? I could not find confirmation of CoralRX being safe either.
Well I started doing it without knowing that it was generally not recommended, but it has worked on six rock nems for me. They ball up as soon as they are exposed to CoralRX. I guess that pretty much closes them up from exposure internally. But definite contact on the outside. I haven't tried it on any other anemone.
 
Nems are such close relatives to coral that I can't imagine that dip which is safe for coral would be unsafe for a an anemone. On the other hand, I've had lots of nems over my 15 years in the hobby, some collected wild by me in the Florida Keys, and I've never dipped any and I've never seen any bring problems to my tank.
 
I have dipped all of my flower rock nems (20 of them in3 different batches) in DipX or Revive and have had no problems. I’m crazy for them! in fact, if anybody wants to sell them in quantity of 5/10/15, etc, please let me know… I am always interested in acquiring more!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new