Dipping

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

As far dipping, not that I know of, but I may be wrong. Most dips are directed at what will not effect corals, but everything else. I use Bayer to dip my corals, and they attack the nervous system of creatures that have nervous systems.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Yes, there are ways to treat most pests that find there way into your tank. However it would seem like it would be better to dip and remove any potential pests before they are added to your tank, rather than take the risk of adding the pest to your tank and then try to kill them them in your display tank (without harming anything else).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi I am just wondering if there is anything out there u can just put in ur reef tank which would do the same job as dipping ur corals without actually having to take them out ur tank and dip them
Nope. It is applied externally as to not expose them too long to coral. Additionally it would defeat the purpose as dipping removes the bugs Before they enter the tank environment and if it was performed within the tank, the pests would always exist in the tank.

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

OP
OP
K

kp9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry there is nothing like that but as @vetteguy53081 says it does defeat the purpose of the dip if its already in your tank.
Didn’t no if it would kill the bugs pestswithout harming anything else then they would no longer be a problem weather they where in the tank out not

Back