Direct compairisons to Sodium Bicarb, dosing question.

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2016
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
1,496
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
A device I am using calls for 65g / 1000mL of Sodium Bicarb

"
the solution raise KH for ml / L ability. This means that whether or not any KH lift solution is used, please provide how much dKH can be increased by 1 L (1000 cc) of seawater per ml (cc) for this lift solution.The default is 2.17, because KHG recommends a 65g / 1L baking soda solution, and this baking soda solution can lift a liter of seawater 2.17dKH.
"
I would like to use either Sodium Carbonate or Kalkwasser or Saturated Kalkwasser (Vinegar) instead.
I run a CalRx and would like to boost my ph is why.

I was wondering how do I go about calculating this ml / L for other saturated solutions and what solutions I would use.

Current Known Recipies.

Kalk Only

5ml Kalk to 3800 ml -> 1.31 ml to 1000ml Raises 1000 mL water per ml by ??? dKH

Kalk Vin
2.58 Kalk + 5.25 ml vin + 1000ml -> Raises 1000mL water per ml by ???? dKH

Sodium Carb
??? g / L -> Raises 1000ml water per ml by ??? dKH

Thank you for your responses,

Ram.
 
Hello,
A device I am using calls for 65g / 1000mL of Sodium Bicarb

"
the solution raise KH for ml / L ability. This means that whether or not any KH lift solution is used, please provide how much dKH can be increased by 1 L (1000 cc) of seawater per ml (cc) for this lift solution.The default is 2.17, because KHG recommends a 65g / 1L baking soda solution, and this baking soda solution can lift a liter of seawater 2.17dKH.
"
I would like to use either Sodium Carbonate or Kalkwasser or Saturated Kalkwasser (Vinegar) instead.
I run a CalRx and would like to boost my ph is why.

I was wondering how do I go about calculating this ml / L for other saturated solutions and what solutions I would use.

Current Known Recipies.

Kalk Only

5ml Kalk to 3800 ml -> 1.31 ml to 1000ml Raises 1000 mL water per ml by ??? dKH

Kalk Vin
2.58 Kalk + 5.25 ml vin + 1000ml -> Raises 1000mL water per ml by ???? dKH

Sodium Carb
??? g / L -> Raises 1000ml water per ml by ??? dKH

Thank you for your responses,

Ram.
Math!!!!!? My eyes!!!! My eyeeeeessss!!!!!
 
Thanks Randy, I saw that earlier I was just teying to figure out how I would find the max dissolved solutions (recipies) I take it thats the drop downs to some extent, and the effect on 1 liter of water per ml.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new