Disappearing fish . . . what is happening?!?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mini Coop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sorry to hear about the losses.

I would be suspicious of a bobbit worm. I know you said it was all new rock but who knows.

If you do, get a red flashlight and check your tank a few nights at like 3am. Make sure there is absolutely no other light in the room.
 
I haven't noticed any bacterial infections. No signs of anything. I had white poop in my clowns a while ago, but mixed meds (general cure) into their food for 3 months and haven't seen anything since then.
Some infections have no visible symptoms other than some lethargy and hiding before death.
 
Yes - nothing seems to be working. I tried dosing an no3 reducer. It has helped, but just keeping it at bay.
Did the missing fish happen after you changed your feeding routine?
Do you think the crab/star could becoming more opportunistic
 
Did the missing fish happen after you changed your feeding routine?
Do you think the crab/star could becoming more opportunistic
That is what I am wondering - should I remove the star fish? Do I need to feed him silver sides or something like that? Do you think the Niger Trigger would have attacked my other fish, or do you think I should give her a second chance in the main tank?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new