Disappearing fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guin19269
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Guin19269

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help. I have a 4ft 450 ltr tank all parameters are fine, but fish keep disappearing during the night. So far in the last 2 weeks three clowns. Before that I would lose I chronic every other night about 3 months ago. Would my arrowhead gobys be killing them and eating them? I’ve checked sump etc not in there

2. Arrowhead gobys
1 spotted grouper, 1 engineering goby
1 strawberry gamma
1 banana wrasse
1 blue chromis out of six
1 clown left of my pair (brought as a pair)
3 cleaner shrimps
2 emerald crabs, hermit crabs and snails
2 anemones (green and purple tips).

Any thoughts on this. As my tank will need to be taken apart to get these fish out.

May thanks.
 
Also a grouper has no business in a 4ft reef tank. I’m going to assume it’s a panther?
 
Not sure it was brought for me. But my one engineering (arrowhead) goby is extremely fat compared to the other one. Thought it’s was pregnant but been like it for few months now. I think I’m just gonna take tank apart and remove the grouper and arrowheads. The grouper is about 3” long and I did wonder if it was the grouper. It’s white with black spots.
 
Last edited:
35B6C696-BF37-413E-A43D-AC0476692E20.jpeg
 
Yep that’s a panther grouper, it gets to around 24-28 inches fully grown.
 
Thank you. I’m removing it from my tank tomorrow and taking it back to an aquatic shop to get a credit note for it after reading up on it after you asked what it was. I googled panther grouper. Thank you for your help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new