Disaster averted

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my angler was living in a JBJ30, I never liked this tank, I give it negative reviews on so many points. That's not the point of this post. I was about 15' away from the tank last night and I heard a crack. I went towards where I heard the noise, and "whoa" I saw a crack from the bottom front right side of the tank going up about 5-7". Luckily I had a BC29 laying around and I was able to transfer before anything catastrophic happened. I had this tank for 2 years, bought on black friday 2 years ago. The lights were suspended and it never had anything on the rim other than the glass lids it came with(crap fit) and an aluminum frame screen top.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, thank goodness you were home and heard that. Congrats on getting things switched without a water fall!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one disaster you cannot do much about if it happens. Luckily it lasted long enough to get things changed over. I tried to build into my system safeguards for most things that can happen. That is one I could never figure out anyway to protect against unless it were to leak enough to trip the leak alarm before letting go. I guess in this case it probably did not leak enough for a leak detector to help.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back