DISASTER ! dropped new tank !

  • Thread starter Thread starter 427HISS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
929
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, we had a disaster !
We were bringing in my brand new, 93g Marineland 93g cube in the front door, when my neighbor got the packing cardboard into the door latch, jerking his hands off the tank, fell on one corner and cracking the side of one panel. EEK !!!

It's not his fault, just crap happens.
Makes me sick.

I bought the tank from a LFS, and he's fixed many tanks, so we're going to replace the panel.
It's great that this tank is rimless !
 
Oh man! Glad it can be fixed! Sucks that it happened though.
 
Never move a tank on Monday.
Good thing it can be fixed, glad to hear nobody got hurt.
 
Yes, and my neighbor has sandals on !

I should find out today how much it'll cost.

It will take the place of the electric fireplace insert, in out entertainment center, and will have access behind the wall in my fish room.
With the plasma TV above it, and no top & bottom rim, I feel it's going to look great and can't wait to get started !
What do you guys think ?

P1050937.jpg
 
Na, he feels terrible and offered to pay for the new glass, but I won't have it, just was a accident.
 
Geez...never a good start to a tank! I sold a 60g cube and they dropped it loading it into the car. Talk about an awkward moment! So glad I got the money first...
 
I was nervous carrying in my 60 cube the other week. I swear it barely fit through the door I was thinking in my head how hard the 93 would be
 
That sucks and good for you for not taking it out on your neighbor. It was an accident and the guy is helping you out as a favor.
 
Yes, that's what I told the store owner,....."MAKES ME SICK" !

Good new though. A glass shop sold my guy a replacement panel that's the exact size and sanded the top of the glass for $65.
If it were the front panel, it would have needed to sand/grinding & polish it like the factory, and that would have been real expensive !

With the glass cost and labor it will be a total of $125.
He got me the tank on sale for $275, so it's now a $400 tank, which is still less than most sales.

This time,.....I will tape on cardboard all the way around and take off those corner cardboard pieces, which is
what caught on the door handle !
Then carry the tank to the front door, place it on the door threshold and slide,.....it into the house. :peace:
 
I had to bring on my 93 last year thru the front door, soon as we got to the door realized this might be a tight fit so we put it down and took out door.
Still a major PIA, and those tanks are heavy.
Hope yours works out fine.
Good luck.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new