OP
biecacka

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South central. A smallish sized town in the Kearney area.

I'd like to get to Columbus to a game at the horseshoe sometime...maybe when kids are older and the world isn't a mess.
Cool. I get to Brule (very western part) once a year for a golf trip with some buddies right on Lake McConaughy. Beautiful country!

eggs, yeah it’s that cube that GEO built for me. I’ll have it stocked Back up shortly I believe! Or I hope haha

vetteguy, I don’t think so. I asked my neighbors and no one else reported it. But that doesn’t rule it out completely I guess. Really just an unknown at this point. My apex doesn’t show a drop in amp use while I was gone so who knows.

the fish seem to being well now as if nothing happened. It’s strange, it wiped all my coraline off the rocks pretty much, but it’s growing on the acrylic panes as normal.

corey

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it hard to wrap my head around an anemone getting liquified thru a powerhead killing fish. Your skimmer should have cleaned out the water column in mere hours.

Quite common actually. Nematocysts get disbursed throughout the tank and get into the fish's gills ….. sayonara. Anemone puree generally does not wipe out inverts though. FWIW, anemone puree usually means a significant increase in skimmate - Corey, did you see that happen?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the nem got to the power head, I only say that because I could see some of the “gel” from the nem where they were located to begin with. So it looked like they died on the spot.
my skimmer is a BK double cone 200, it’s plenty of skimmer for my tank. I fed 7 times a day with 30 fish at one point with this thing. I honestly don’t know what the culprit was.
thanks Big E.
Bill, I’ll let you know. I’m gonna let things settle for a bit and get it back together and go again!
thanks @nereefpat ! What part of Nebraska are you in?

corey

That stinks. Too bad you are not closer, I'd give you a bunch of frags (or even try shipping some).

OP
OP
biecacka

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simon, when I got home my skimmer was going NUTS. It was full actually. For a few days it filled quickly and I usually pull a very dark skim more on the dry side

corey

OP
OP
biecacka

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now my tank has some brown algae growing on the rocks. Going to do another big water change and let things run it’s course.
could be a good time for a reboot.
if nothing, it gives me time to go see my good friend @aquavista99 and get some more pieces!

corey

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I've been thru a few (unplanned resets).
Once you are past the point of no return, resets are not a bad thing.

Don't count on those pesky paly's to be wiped out.
They may come back from even a spec, so if doing a reset, get rid of them this time (Properly).
I have a bunch of Green Paly's that are invading my tank from 1 Paly bought 15 years ago.
If that Tank ever needs a reset, I'll deal with them too.

OP
OP
biecacka

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of right now, there is no sign of life in my tank except for fish And some algae. I’ll let the algae run it’s course some for awhile then if needed I will scrub the rocks with some peroxide or something.

corey

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this loss. I've seen you from way back on RC. You have always seemed to be a passionate reefkeeper. Best of luck going forward.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back