Disodium Phosphate mixing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xanthurum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xanthurum

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2017
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,271
Location
The Zona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice on how much Disodium Phosphate to add to what amount of RODI to make something similar in concentration to NeoPhos? This is what I purchased off Amazon. Thanks in advance for any help.

20201027_071944.jpg 20201027_071957.jpg
 
In case anyone wanted to know I mixed up a batch of the following ratio 1/2 teaspoon to 1 gallon of RODI and decided to try an experiment. I used my Hanna ULR phosphate kit and put 1 drop of NeoPhos in 10ml of water then added the powder. I also did the same with the stuff I mixed and here are the results, the checker would not read either but as you can see the one on the left is a much darker blue than the other. The darker blue is NeoPhos and the light blue is what I mixed up.

20201027_150549.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new