• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Diver's Den Gladiator Clown

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarantined and healthy White Gladiator Clown, originally from Diver's Den. She's too aggressive for my lot. Would love to trade. Must be local (south Orange County), as I have no experience shipping. I love Ricordias and copepods. :)

Pics are from my thread on R2R. I shot this quick video tonight.

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup...looking at Diver's Den and they have a captive bred bonded pair for $170. Looks just like this gal. I wonder if they changed names. Regardless. She's still available.

I don't think I mentioned that she:
  • is from Diver's Den
  • Captive Bred
  • Quarantined by me as well
  • Dominant temperament
** i can't do any sps yet. I'm not good at it apparently. I need more time to figure out my lighting.

Kawasaki213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No they don't know what they are talking about, Google gladiator clown google Wyoming white clown

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll also trade for cash I suppose :) $45. Local pickup. But I would trade for a pound of GFO, or BRS ROX carbon. Just that the amount of media is comparable the value of the clown.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note, what signifies a gladiator clownfish to be a gladiator clownfish?

This is from here:
http://www.seaandreef.com/marine-ornamental-fish/clownfish/wyoming-white

"At first glance, the Wyoming White Clownfish may look similar to the Maine Blizzard Clownfish. However, the Wyoming Whites are a variation of the Ocellaris Clownfish and the Maine Blizzard Clownfish are a variation of the Percula Clownfish. Sea & Reef Aquaculture is the first hatchery to bring this gorgeous designer clownfish back in production after the original producer, C-Quest, stopped the production of this morph in 2010. Sea & Reef Wyoming White Clownfish are direct lineage from the original Wyoming White Clownfish produced by C-Quest, which is a 100% ocellaris color variant. The Wyoming White Clownfish has a uniform white coloration. Their fins are dark shortly after metamorphosis and turn jet black as the fish grows. Their orange face will develop a beautiful black outline as the fish mature. Some Wyoming White Clownfish have a black spot immediately behind the gill cover (see picture). To the untrained eye, it can sometimes be challenging to tell the difference between ocellaris clownfish and true percula clownfish. The giveaway is their eyes and the number of spines in their dorsal fins (see picture below). The iris of an ocellaris clownfish is typically pigmented with shades of black and grey whereas the iris of a true percula clownfish is typically a clear orange color. The number of dorsal spines in true percula clownfish ranges from 9-10 with 10 being the norm. In ocellaris clownfish the number of dorsal fin spines range from 10-11 with 11 being the norm. Don’t expect the market to be flooded anytime soon with Wyoming White Clownfish. Our broodstock fish are only producing a small number of Wyoming White offspring with each batch. Please contact Sea & Reef ([email protected]) if you wish to be added to the waiting list to obtain this exquisite designer clownfish."

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump....
I really need to trade or sell this gal. She's in great condition. Voracious eater, but caution, very aggressive.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods please close. I've decided to keep her. I'm putting a frag tank together and she'll go in there with one of her buddies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back