• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Diver's Den is not WYSIWYG!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SpringFever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a pair of yasha gobys with a pistol shrimp from Diver's Den. I've attached the picture of the exact group I ordered. The shrimp came in without front claws. I then compared the picture of the shrimp I ordered to pictures of other pistol shrimp posted on the site for sale at the same time. I've included pictures of those shrimp, too.

Clearly Diver's Den uses a stock image to sell pistol shrimp. They used the exact same image on all three groups. I realize this may seem insignificant, but I am a principled person and it doesn't sit well with me that they don't warn people that some items on Diver's Den use stock images. This flys in the face of WYSIWYG.

I called Live Aquaria out via email. They refuse to acknowledge the use of stock images.

If Diver's Den uses stock images for pistol shrimp, what else do they use stock images for?

I'm more disappointed that nobody in their organization will own up to the practice of using a stock image on a WYSIWYG site. If someone were to say they use stock images because pistol shrimp are impossible to photograph, I would have let this go. But the fact that they play dumb and refuse to fess up has really ruffled my tail-feathers

th-0117201-030ps.jpg th-0117201-005ps.jpg lg-0114201-210ps.jpg

OP
OP
S

SpringFever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was LAs response to being called out with an almost identical email from above.

Thank you for your email. The items that are on Divers Den once purchased they are taken off the site and you are unable to see the them again on the site. This was a shipping error, not a computer error. Again we do apologize for shipping out the wrong specimen.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If we can be of any additional assistance, please feel free to contact our LiveAquaria Department at 1-800-334-3699 or via email at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer any question(s) you may have. Thank you for choosing LiveAquaria for your live aquatic needs. You are a valued customer and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

OP
OP
S

SpringFever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my response which has gone unanswered.

Thank you for your response. In the case of pistol shrimps which are a part of a goby pair, this is not true. I've looked at several photographs of different goby/pistol shrimp pairs which are actively listed for sale at the same time and all have used the exact same stock pistol shrimp image. I've gone down to inspecting the substrait in the images and it's clear that the same image is used. Infact, it is the same image used for the goby/shrimp group I purchased.

If you are claiming you do not use a stock image for your pistol shrimps on divers den, you are lying. I can prove it. Not fessing up to it after I've called you out is discouraging. I expected better from divers den.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's how you deal with them that counts. Own your error and fix it. That's all I ask. I want to trust that divers den is a true WYSIWYG site. Right now it's not, and I can prove it.

Do the right thing.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Upon further review, this is a file naming convention and processing error on our part. We are re-evaluating our internal processes to reduce the likelihood of this error happening moving forward.

If you or anyone has purchased one of these and are dissatisfied, please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-334-3699 or via email at [email protected].

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back