OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, like my dog, my tanks are my babies. We are headed all the way to el paso tx, we should be getting there tonight and securing a house tomorrow.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, like my dog, my tanks are my babies. We are headed all the way to el paso tx, we should be getting there tonight and securing a house tomorrow.

Nice ... I used to live in Las Cruces NM only like 35 miles or so from El Paso ... great food and great restaurants, and you can go to Juarez for shopping, just don't take your car across the border :) And the Rio Grande around there is not really all that "Grande" .... but I left in 1996 ... so lots will have changed since then.

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being military, we cannot go into mexico. Made it here safely, no losses so far. Cross your fingers that we get a house tomorrow!

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being military, we cannot go into mexico. Made it here safely, no losses so far. Cross your fingers that we get a house tomorrow!

Oh I see, was not aware of that ... well sounds like things went well ... and good luck in finding a house .... !

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We found a house today and start moving in tomorrow! Everything is still in buckets and doing ok. Decided to give them a little light today.

0626131959_zpsfd2395d6.jpg

OP
OP
Dixie_reefer

Dixie_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally moved into the house and got the tanks set up. The only things i lost were a peppermint shrimp and a hermit that i brought back with me from fl. So i would call the move a success!

0628132121_zps5529dccc.jpg

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally moved into the house and got the tanks set up. The only things i lost were a peppermint shrimp and a hermit that i brought back with me from fl. So i would call the move a success!

Yes indeed that is a very good move esp. given the distance you had to go ....

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! Those peppermint shrimp are really fragile when it comes to temp. and ph changes.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back