DIY 40 breeder sump help

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefer bros (that means you too ladies) I bought a used 40 breeder with good seals and also bought a brand new 40 breeder at petco's "dollar per gallon" sale.....every tank is dollar per gallon EXCEPT 40 breeders and 75g tanks which are half off original price instead of $40 and $75.....anyways after paying $52 and change for a 40 breeder I feel ready to start my sump with the used 40 breeder. I plan on making a 40B display and 40B sump build (I appreciate my sumps as much as my display tanks) and I was wondering if people could show me pictures and or dimensions of their 40 breeder sump baffles and their section sizes. I don't know what kind of skimmer and return pump I'm going to get yet so I was hoping someone on here would have some good recommendations on some reliable skimmers and pumps for my tank size and have some section dimensions that are universally large enough to fit most sizes of pumps/skimmers for the build so let's see your 40 breeder sumps! Excited to hear the info everyone has to give and the 40B sump pics you guys want to show me! Don't be shy I love seeing your diy builds!

Happy reefin

mahargkcin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefer bros (that means you too ladies) I bought a used 40 breeder with good seals and also bought a brand new 40 breeder at petco's "dollar per gallon" sale.....every tank is dollar per gallon EXCEPT 40 breeders and 75g tanks which are half off original price instead of $40 and $75.....anyways after paying $52 and change for a 40 breeder I feel ready to start my sump with the used 40 breeder. I plan on making a 40B display and 40B sump build (I appreciate my sumps as much as my display tanks) and I was wondering if people could show me pictures and or dimensions of their 40 breeder sump baffles and their section sizes. I don't know what kind of skimmer and return pump I'm going to get yet so I was hoping someone on here would have some good recommendations on some reliable skimmers and pumps for my tank size and have some section dimensions that are universally large enough to fit most sizes of pumps/skimmers for the build so let's see your 40 breeder sumps! Excited to hear the info everyone has to give and the 40B sump pics you guys want to show me! Don't be shy I love seeing your diy builds!

Happy reefin
Welp same idea. I'll be following closely. What does the rest of your equipment list look like? LEDs? T5? Skimmer choice? Stand? [emoji2]

OP
OP
ReefNo0ob

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp same idea. I'll be following closely. What does the rest of your equipment list look like? LEDs? T5? Skimmer choice? Stand? [emoji2]

I'll be doing a diy stand. Skimmer I was asking about but wouldn't mind a reef octopus plan on getting led sb reef lights or Chinese black box because I plan on making this tank a little more low key and easier to care for apartment/ future move purposes, but still colorful and relaxing to just sit back and watch it. I want to add zoas, torches, gsp, and some other easy lps and softies. For fish, definitely a cool unique pair of clowns and the rest I'm not sure about yet haha

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check my build thread linked in sig. I used a baffle kit from @TaylorPilot that I'm really happy with. Having three 4" filter socks that are easy to get in and out is very nice. Adjustable water level in the skimmer chamber too.

OP
OP
ReefNo0ob

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check my build thread linked in sig. I used a baffle kit from @TaylorPilot that I'm really happy with. Having three 4" filter socks that are easy to get in and out is very nice. Adjustable water level in the skimmer chamber too.

That is exactly what I want to do with my 40b sump your build is a perfect example thanks

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice will follow this and that DIY sump kit makes it easier to do that's for sure!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back