Diy Acrylic frag rack

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pappy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Messages
2,076
Reaction score
20
Location
Sebastian florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice piece of acrylic and would like to know what to use to cut it for a frag rack. Also what is everyone's experience with magnets? Which ones do you suggest? I do already have the special drill bit. Please post pics and offer guidance. I'm not normally a diy kind of guy but would like to try this! Thanks everyone:)
 
As far as cutting, I used this from Home Depot. It doesn't actually cut it but instead scores the acrylic for you to snap at the line. I think it works up to 1/4" thick if I remember correctly. As magnets go I used an old mag-float that had worn down and needed replacing anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new