DIY AIO Nano design

I like the planning....looks great! As far as bubble traps, do you plan on using a skimmer? And if so, which one. I ran a Tunze 9004 right in the DT of a JBJ28, and had no problem with bubbles. On my big tank (90DT) with sump, my sump has no bubble traps (running an SWC 160 skimmer). So I think the bubble traps depend on the brand of skimmer you wish to run.
 
I would imagine you'd be putting together the acrylic pieces with Weld On. However, when you get to attaching this acrylic to the glass tank, the following silicone is specifically made for plastic applications....and not an issue using in our tanks. I purchase mine at HD in the acrylic sheet department (you won't find it with the other silicone caulks in the Paint Department).
Silicone Plastic.jpg
 
I am thinking of trying something similar....have you continued with the build?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new