Some observations and feedback needed.
First, I've been dosing ammonium chloride for a month, and switched to ammonium bicarb this week. When dosing, I don't see a drop in pH, where I saw a .03 drop after dosing. Nice!
Second, I swear my Bubblegum Digi is a canary coral. Mag too low? Polyps close up. Light or flow issues? Polyps close up. After changing my dose from 4 drops chloride to 1ml bicarb, polyps close up. They come back out about 4 hours later.
Third, N03 is dropping. I don't think this is related to the switch. I try to maintain 5ppm N03, and I have seen a steady drop over the past week from 5 down to 3.2. Additionally, I've had to increase my kalk dosing as Alk has been dropping, too. My corals look very happy, and I'm seeing new growth so I assume it is related to this dosing.
I have some LPS in this tank for now (it will go into another tank soon) and these corals look happy. The Duncan I have had for 10 months (which never grew a new head) has sprouted 4 new heads in the last 30 days.
Fish do not exhibit any reaction to the dosing.
Given that N03 continues to drop (P04 has been dropping as well) I have increased my dose to 2x per day at 1ml per dose. I'm wondering how many doses I can do per day, and is it the correct expectation that N03 will rise after multiple doses? Of course I don't want to upset the balance of my tank or harm the fish. And I should mention no noticeable changes to green algae growth, and the coralline growth is starting to take off rapidly.