DIY Calcium reactor questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Urbz93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Urbz93

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My tanks is about 2 years old and I am currently debating adding a calcium reactor to the system. That being said the price to buy a new reactor is quite high and i would assume it can be built for much less. Has anyone had any experience building a calcium reactor ? are there issues such as pressurizing the vessel that i would need to be concerned about? I am also not sure on how construct the bubble counter .

Thank you
 
I built mine out of a whole house water filter housing. It works great and was fairly simple and cheap to do. My CO2 regulator has a bubble counter on it so I didn't have to build one of those though.

I built mine based off a popular thread on RC. I would post a link, but I'm new here and want to make sure it's not against the rules first.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new