DIY canopy issue

NOLA_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have the frame of my canopy built, and it looks fine and seems plenty stable and everything. still needs to be painted and trimmed by whatever.

my question is i'm wondering what I can do to the bottom of it so you can't see up into the canopy if you're looking at the tank. I'll be running two radion xr30's and they'll be mounted kind of high in the canopy so it'd be hard to put a bottom on the canopy and still get proper light into the display. maybe I could get a sheet of light diffuser but I'm not sure how that would affect my spectrum or PAR.

any ideas?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a 'floating' canopy you either have to make it really deep or just live with the view up into it. Mine would have to be at least twice as deep as I made it to hide the T5s I added. But then it would just look too chunky.

img_6649-jpg.465934

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id recommend a longer skirt the difuser will stop distribution of light. The way it stops you from seeing the light it will do the same to the coral not under the light, then you might as well give me those and ill give you my black box lights lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back