DIY coral food.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
1,795
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I always use reef roids and feed at least twice a week. Since I got two tanks now and got more lps, it’s gotten expensive. The cheapest I found is at amazon 120g for $35 after tax.

does anyone grind up fish pellets into powder form and feed the corals?

if so what grinder or blender are you using.
 
I grow my own phytoplankton which is pretty cheap. I use this to feed corals. Brightwell koralamino lasts a long time.

What kind of corals are you thinking of?
 
I grow my own phytoplankton which is pretty cheap. I use this to feed corals. Brightwell koralamino lasts a long time.

What kind of corals are you thinking of?
I feed my lps twice a week.
 
I feed Rods for LPS etc. One of my local shops sells a home-made Reef Roids..... I had 4 120g jars or Roids at the time I saw it, so I haven’t tried it yet, but I smelled it at the store amd it the consistency and smell is dead on Reef Roids.

Way cheaper, so will buy from him in future.
 
I feed Rods for LPS etc. One of my local shops sells a home-made Reef Roids..... I had 4 120g jars or Roids at the time I saw it, so I haven’t tried it yet, but I smelled it at the store amd it the consistency and smell is dead on Reef Roids.

Way cheaper, so will buy from him in future.
I will get a cheap coffee grinder and grind up some spectrum pellets into powder. Will keep you guys posted.
 
You just have to keep the shrimp distracted with some food haha. I tend to give my cleaner a big piece to hang on to
I used to a big fan of shrimps but not anymore. My new tank now is without any fish and it will definitely shrimpless.
 
I feed mine a mix of frozen copepods/cyclops, phyto, reef ab+, sometimes some other stuff.. but it’s all small enough that the shrimp don’t really care.
 
I feed mine a mix of frozen copepods/cyclops, phyto, reef ab+, sometimes some other stuff.. but it’s all small enough that the shrimp don’t really care.

out of the all, reef roids I like the most.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new