DIY egg crate acclimation box

painter1982

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
1,287
Reaction score
1,092
Location
82716
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one ever make an egg crate acclimation box? I was thinking of adding a hippo tang or purple tang or both with my biota yellow tang. The pet store has a couple healthy ones. I thought if I got one and quarantined then used an acclimation box maybe I wouldn’t have any real brawls. Anyone have experience with this? Plans on building one or suggestions for adding more tangs? All about the same size right now.
 
I think it may have to many sharp edges.
 
I think it may have to many sharp edges.
I thought I could use an iron or something hot to melt the sharp edges down and round them. Zip ties to hold it together.
 
Here's a pic from a Facebook post I saw earlier today
1762661480071.png


"Egg crate aka light diffuser from lowe’s, cut, zip tied together with magnetic seaweed clips to hold it in place. Allows for no ditrius build up and for food to enter and leave the crate freely."
 
Here's a pic from a Facebook post I saw earlier today
1762661480071.png


"Egg crate aka light diffuser from lowe’s, cut, zip tied together with magnetic seaweed clips to hold it in place. Allows for no ditrius build up and for food to enter and leave the crate freely."
Thanks for posting this!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new