DIY Frag Racks

CoralReefer1019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for typical frag rack dimensions for my tank. My tank is 48x24x12. I will be using pvc for the legs and standard white egg crate. Looking for ideas for various sizes I should make. Want to have enough room to blow detritus under the racks and also leave space for some rocks inside the tank for fish to hang out, hide, sleep etc

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about mounting your frag racks to the walls of the tank using magnets that are acrylic/rubber coated. I use those magnets to hold eggcrate in place to separate fighting fish. Those "super magnets" are incredibly strong.

OP
OP
CoralReefer1019

CoralReefer1019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about mounting your frag racks to the walls of the tank using magnets that are acrylic/rubber coated. I use those magnets to hold eggcrate in place to separate fighting fish. Those "super magnets" are incredibly strong.

I want to place frag racks in the middle of the tank like how they have it in the fish store

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for typical frag rack dimensions for my tank. My tank is 48x24x12. I will be using pvc for the legs and standard white egg crate. Looking for ideas for various sizes I should make. Want to have enough room to blow detritus under the racks and also leave space for some rocks inside the tank for fish to hang out, hide, sleep etc

As big as you have space for? Most frag racks of full tank sizes have been sized for full aquariums or special frag systems.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high should I make it?

Really depends on your plugs. I've seen frag racks about halfway up a tank, but those were shallow tanks. I've just put small areas of eggcrate on the sand and smooshed frags into that as a temporary acclimation measure.

Note that the ORA plastic plugs do not fit in egg-crate.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back