DIY Inkbird (ITC 1000) vs prebuilt

tomtom5280

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm seeing a number of posts about reliability issues with the Inkbird (I assume referring to their prebuilt modules). Would building my own with their ITC-1000 controller be more reliable (or less reliable)? Any stories of ITC-1000 failures on here?
 
For one , it would not have loose wire issues like some premade units
 
I use the Aqualogic on 4 systems. Very accurate and no issues.
20251220_062124.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new