DIY KH station, automatic precsision KH-titrator

igorlab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

All of us know the importance of maintaining the stability of water parameters for the SPS reef tank. Mankind is lazy, it is also known :). So, to break the vicious circle I decided to make a poor man titrator and peristaltic dispenser to regulate the solution B added volume and keep the desired level of KH without including me in this process. The first variant was made on the peristaltic pumps - in spite of using the stepper motor for the peristaltic pump - results weren't satisfying - the device was needed to be very often calibrated, results reproducibility were low. Once, I visit the lab and inspired by high precision Tecan syringe pump decides to reproduce it in my device. I'm really encouraged by the results and decide to make a post about that. I'm planing this device as open-source, but for sharing, I have to finetune some moments in software (if someone would like to join me in this process you are welcome) and make a normal device case.

The device is running on ESP32.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

KH_chart.png
TelegramBot.png

IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg

Add some photos: IMG_1698.jpg

Last edited:

gregor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

All of us know the importance of maintaining the stability of water parameters for the SPS reef tank. Mankind is lazy, it is also known :). So, to break the vicious circle I decided to make a poor man titrator and peristaltic dispenser to regulate the solution B added volume and keep the desired level of KH without including me in this process. The first variant was made on the peristaltic pumps - in spite of using the stepper motor for the peristaltic pump - results weren't satisfying - the device was needed to be very often calibrated, results reproducibility were low. Once, I visit the lab and inspired by high precision Tecan syringe pump decides to reproduce it in my device. I'm really encouraged by the results and decide to make a post about that. I'm planing this device as open-source, but for sharing, I have to finetune some moments in software (if someone would like to join me in this process you are welcome) and make a normal device case.

The device is running on ESP32.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

KH_chart.png
TelegramBot.png

IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg

Add some photos: IMG_1698.jpg
Good evening, Igor.
An interesting design, can you tell us more about it?
With pleasure, would you try to make a similar apparatus?

Domi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome project!
Would be cool if you make it open source, I would definitely build such a device!

catweazle0172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build! Definitely following it!
Any idea what what the expected price will be?
And how often do you need to calibrate the PH probe?

gregor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, Igor.
How is the progress in your project?
Can I view your project files to make your controller?

OP
OP
igorlab

igorlab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

Now, due to the circumstances, I have a lot of time and want to share my project of Titrator. The repository of the project is available on GitHub https://github.com/igorlab/KH_station There are all you need: 3D parts, PCB, short BOM, minimalistic descriptions, and step-by-step instructions for printing parts and assembling.

Since the last publications in this topic, the project has a lot of improvements and changes and now I believe it is in the state ready for hobbyist reproduction.
D5A225F4-3990-4833-A175-0A4A719E2348.jpeg

07E9A74C-ABC4-4B15-A9BA-83964DECEF77.jpeg

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back