diy led controller of choice?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
1,225
Reaction score
943
Location
Yellow Springs ohio
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I currently am controlling my diy system with a jardunio controller and ldd drivers. My controller has been freezing up almost every evening and wont advance the program until I unplug the replug the controller back in. I dont know if the controller is starting to fail or maybe I have too many ldd drivers wired up to it? I have 19 ldd drivers wired up to it with 6 colors. Too many? What controller do you like the best? My biggest grip with the jardunio is it is a pain to turn on the lights with the program in the off mode.
Thanks for any advise.
Jeff
 
I have the storm x controller, I like it. It's easy to use and can have 16 channels of control.
I believe you can put more than one driver on each channel, but I would contact the guys over there and ask before ordering. The storm has 6 channels with 40ma out per channel. The storm x has 10ma output per channel. I can't remember how much each driver needs to run, been too long since I built my lights.
http://coralux.net
Also it's pretty easy to turn the lights on when it's off, just a couple button presses
 
I use the storm here!
Once you get used to how it functions it's a set it and forget it controller.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new