DIY Led hangers? bad idea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter umac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

umac

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
57
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this the correct place to ask, I made these out of copper bars and applied vinyl tape around the top bends. is this a bad idea in the long run - that is the bars being copper? or can i cover them in mineral oil? is it possible to leech into the tank some how?

https://imgur.com/a/JBi5Y

Ive been looking for stuff to buy online similar but only found 80/20, and it is a little involved. this is a 22 gallon, 36x12x12 mr aqua tank.
 
Last edited:
It probably fine. There will be a high level of corrosion. I would carefully wrap them in vinyl electrical tape. or look at the tool dips. itll protect evertying. And give it a more finished look too.


And welcome to reef2reef BTW:D!
 
structurally sound - I guess my biggest concern lol. Cant edit my post
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new