DIY LED on a Nano Cube 12 DX

Alabama Reefer

corals for sale and trade
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Location
Birmingham, al
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am wanting to install a led setup on my nc12 dx. I was wanting to use 8 LEDs on one driver but am not sure if that's going to be enough. So I am really thinking about doing 12 with two separate drivers to control my blue and white separately because I am also worried about the color not working out right. I was thinking about using 6 12k 3 watt LEDs, 2 19k LEDs, and 4 Blue LEDs. I was thinking if I put them on a dimmer I can get the color just right. Let me know what y'all think our anything you would change as this is my first led project and I know I will need some help. Also I really like the stock color of my nc12 dx with 2 50/50 bulbs so I am trying to get close to that color
 
i have a diy LED fixture on my 24 nano cube. i have one driver running 6 leds and one driver running 8 leds and other running 16, all are Dimmable. and then i have 3 leds on a non dimmable driver. talk to bill @ reefLEDlights.com and he will help ya out and let you know what you need.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new