DIY Locking Frag Rack? CNC Frag Rack?

KomsCorals

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
391
Reaction score
205
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone made a DIY locking frag rack? Ive seen a lot of people making them, but can't find any information on how. Think it'd be fun to make for all that tanks and nowadays you can get those desktop CNC machines to cut the acrylic design for relatively cheap. Thanks in advance !
 
Not sure if this is exactly what you meant by locking, but I recently made this at home pretty easily.
image.jpg
I wanted to mount some chalice frags vertically. I took 2 pieces of 8x10 acrylic and mapped out the hole locations, then drilled pilot holes through both pieces. I used a step bit to widen on side to 1/2” and the other to 3/4”. I sandwiched a piece of PVC line between them and used nylon screws to hold the pieces together. Once in place, I used an x-acto knife to cut asterisk shapes in the middle of the liner inside each hole. The 1/2” holes face out. It works great for what I needed and was a quick project.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new