DIY Nano(ish) 40 Gal Tank Stand! #nailedit or #failedit

Joe Hansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers, I have always wanted a nice nanoish cube on a high stand and I recently went for it! Check out the stand, what do you think?

Photos are added below. Check it out.

I made it with space under the tank for an Auto water change system!

———————————————————

Here’s more details of the planned set up for it if you are into it:

-Tank: 40.2 AIO Marine Waterbox Aquarium (40 gal). I decided to buy this tank after I built the stand. Just so happened it will be perfect fit.
-Stand: Custom made stand to match our cabinets inside (I'll be adding a thread soon of the build) -Flow: MP 10 -Light: AI Prime HD
-Skimmer: Hydor Nano (Fits in back of tank)
-ATO & AWC: I'm putting an auto water change system/ato from Auto Aqua (I'm installing a 25 gallon salt reservoir under the stand and a 10 gal ATO reservoir)
-Controller Plan: I'm using AutoAquas Heater, Level, and Skimmer switches for security backup -Rock/Sand: I'm going with the pre purple dry rock and some coral life live sand.
-Other Goodness: I'm adding a small refugium in the back of the sump and a bio brick. I'm using fritz products to start the tank and their blue box salt. I've set up my owe water station and I'm getting close to launching the tank!

What to you think? Am I missing something?

Tank Goals:
-I'm setting this up for success, and I want it to last at least 5 years. (obviously, i hope forever, but the reality is 5 year goals.) And I want it to automate its self at an affordable price.
-A Dream Zoa Garden
-4 fish and a shrimp
-I'm sure after some proven success i'll add some other coral.

What to you think? Anyone in the same boat as me? Anyone from Oregon!?

HAPPY REEFING. -Joe

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7704 2.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Reefers, I have always wanted a nice nanoish cube on a high stand and I recently went for it! Check out the stand, what do you think?
[...]

Thumbs up! I especially like the grain in the door, but ultimately what really matters is do you like it?

OP
OP
Joe Hansen

Joe Hansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thumbs up! I especially like the grain in the door, but ultimately what really matters is do you like it?

Thanks, ya I feel good about it. The crazy part, is that when plumbing the tank I cracked the back of the pictures aquarium.. sad day. But I shifted plans on purchased a tank that will fit the stand perfectly. It was on back order... so I’ll give you an update when we get it up and going.

So ready.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back