DIY stand vs SCA stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vested
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Vested

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
1,029
Reaction score
1,038
Location
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm debating between making my own stand or buying one from SCA, does anyone have experience here with their wood stands? And how much would be a fair price on a stand for their 90 gal cube, dimensions are 36x24x24.

(hopefully this is the right section for this question, if not please let me know how to move it!)
 
I seen some of there stands at an LFS and they are nice. I’m in the planning stages for my new build and more then likely going aluminum frame From frametech
Good to know! I'll look into frametech as well
 
It cost me about $200 to make my DIY stand for a 65g. 36x18x24 tank.
3/4 plywood.
 
Depending on your building skills, a diy stand is usually much cheaper and usually much better built than the stands for sale. However, some companies will not warranty or will offer a shorter warranty for a tank on a diy stand
 
Depending on your building skills, a diy stand is usually much cheaper and usually much better built than the stands for sale. However, some companies will not warranty or will offer a shorter warranty for a tank on a diy stand
I ended up able to get a pretty good deal on an SCA stand from Steve and took it while I could, also good to know about the warranty I did not think about that!
 
Mine was about $590 it’s for 240g 8x2x2 foot
 

Attachments

  • 2F677370-2411-4BFA-A30B-3C2489DD5559.jpeg
    2F677370-2411-4BFA-A30B-3C2489DD5559.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 87

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new