DIY t5 h0 with LED suggestions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chill86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chill86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2014
Messages
266
Reaction score
2
Location
carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150g tall with 2x d120 full spectrum leds and I am not getting the color and growth that I would like to have. I want to add 2x54 watt t5ho's for supplemental lighting with the led's in the middle and one t5 in the front and the other in the back. Since the tank is built into the wall and you can not see the fixture, I'm not worried about the looks. I just want a simple diy kit that I can build. I heard some people saying that I can go to home depot and they have the supplies that I need to build the fixture but I don't know which ballast to with. Any recommendations on bulbs or ballast would be awesome and if anyone has some pics of a similar build that would be great. Thanks in advance for the info!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new