DIY waterproof twist lock connections

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I really want to have a remote(not under the tank) electrical cabinet. I got to thinking about putting it on the other side of the wall from my tank. For easy servicing of equipment and to keep everything water resistant I was wonder if anyone knows how to install those water resistant twist lock connections you see on tunze, jebao ect? Anyone know if they make those for high voltage? I noticed they are usually found on the dc end.

I’m open to other type quick connections that as water or splash resistant as well. Thanks!
Matt

admiralmcstabby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To update, maybe refine your search by looking for "120v waterproof quick disconnect"...may be more precisely what you're looking for. I'm not entirely sure what "features" or shape or style you're looking for so I'm shooting in the dark but hopefully this helps!

Edit: I know you kind of described what you're looking for but I'm referring to application like, are you mounting the cables, do you want them mounted/going through a wall, etc. Again, hope above helps.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To update, maybe refine your search by looking for "120v waterproof quick disconnect"...may be more precisely what you're looking for. I'm not entirely sure what "features" or shape or style you're looking for so I'm shooting in the dark but hopefully this helps!

Edit: I know you kind of described what you're looking for but I'm referring to application like, are you mounting the cables, do you want them mounted/going through a wall, etc. Again, hope above helps.
Thanks man, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Essentially I want something for maintenance items like skimmer, return pump ect so I don't need to feed or pull the wires back through the wall. I'll be able to kill power by apex then just undo the disconnect and clean. Thanks!

Essentially this is what I was looking for.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Essentially I want something for maintenance items like skimmer, return pump ect so I don't need to feed or pull the wires back through the wall. I'll be able to kill power by apex then just undo the disconnect and clean. Thanks!

Essentially this is what I was looking for.

Well thats not quite it, but it got me closer on my hunt. It looks like I'd still have to undo the terminal points to get that apart.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back