DIY'ers, do you have a cool project to share?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys and gals, you may have noticed that we've got a new articles section going here on Reef2Reef, and we'd love for some of you to submit your "How To" DIY projects as guides for our community! If you've got a cool idea for an article? Shoot me a pm or post ideas here!

Also, if there's something you'd like to see an article written on, but it's not something you know how to do, definitely post the idea below, but be sure to say something like, "I hope someone writes about..."

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm sent.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm sent.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for more article ideas! :D

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY ATOs are a thing. That is my most recent diy project. Using a relay and all.
I also see stuff all the time about DIY sumps. Design, baffles, etc. Easy google search gets you most of what you need to know, but lots of questions on it.

webbl19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also see stuff all the time about DIY sumps. Design, baffles, etc. Easy google search gets you most of what you need to know, but lots of questions on it.
Oh and even DIY overflows. I used one for awhile that I found on YouTube. The DIY King has a bunch of good videos. I used both types of overflows, but liked the revised version better. Felt like it was safer. Currently have a store bought overflow, but have really been thinking about making a dual overflow, one for each corner of the DT. DIY overflows seem to be frowned upon a lot though. To date I've had no issues with any overflow I've used, but I've only been reefing for a little over a year. Seems like if you leave enough room in the DT and your return chamber on the sump only holds a gallon or so it should be fine. Guess it matters on the DT size. I've never really had any issues at all. Power going out, loss of suction, anything I try doesn't cause major issues. No floods yet. I don't see how I can flood my DT. I only have a 10 gallon sump though.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back