ZomboMeme 12012021150335.jpg

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from sunny San Diego CA.

I’ve been reefing for a little bit; drawn by its complexity and its many facets. From a young age I’ve been fascinated by symbiosis and you just don’t get a better example than coral. In addition to the biology & chemistry behind reef keeping, another draw has been the technology and the continual advancements. I’m guilty of early adoption (to a fault at times) & find overall enjoyment from stress testing the newest gadgets and methods yet holding true to some old school methods (im a fan of diatom filters). The many creative outlets are yet another draw; reef keeping challenges my artistic side and offers plenty of avenues and skills I intend to hone like macro photography. I’ve enjoyed the social aspects of reefing and have made some great friends over the years in this hobby. I don’t do the regular social media but do satiate my phone addiction thru r2r and our local reef forum. I’ve been reading, absorbing and helping here where I can and figured it was time to formally introduce myself. I currently have 4 tanks plumbed into the same system with a total volume of ~350g and an isolated 25g fishless mangrove tank. I have aspirations of a fish room to support a larger in-wall peninsula tank in my dining room.

Cheers- build thread coming soon. ~dj
image.jpg
How are those clown babies doing?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back