DJ outlet usage

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This weekend I'm going to check out a reefer 525 and will likely purchase it.

I've seen a few members use a DJ outlet under their cabinet and I'm curious to know which type people are using?
Any specific specs to pay attention to?

Tyvm

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When those are used its best to get the more expensive ones. Those in the $30-50 range fail at some point. Either the lights quit working or the swithes fail or worse an internal fail. This is a real, you get what you pay for. Most also have no surge protection.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using "ADJ Products AC Power Strip (PC-100A)" from Amazon for over a year, couldn't figure out to add the link but thats the model I have. I like it and reviews are generally favorable with some even written by folks using it for Aquariums.

Recently I switched to the Kasa wifi outlet though for dosing pumps and a few other things. Not as sexy as the DJ strip but I can control each outlet individually from my phone and monitor power usage.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
West1

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been using "ADJ Products AC Power Strip (PC-100A)" from Amazon for over a year, couldn't figure out to add the link but thats the model I have. I like it and reviews are generally favorable with some even written by folks using it for Aquariums.

Recently I switched to the Kasa wifi outlet though for dosing pumps and a few other things. Not as sexy as the DJ strip but I can control each outlet individually from my phone and monitor power usage.

Hope that helps.

That's the exact one Ibwas looking to get.
Just the 15 amp load is what made me question if its sufficient.

I'm no electrician so I am second guessing the power strip.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back